Jobs in Illinois
Customer Service Rep.
The individual will be a liaison between drayage operations team and the customer. The Customer Service Rep. will support all aspects of the operation as necessary, at times also handling calls with drivers looking for information or waiting to talk to dispatch
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond to phone and e‑mail rate or booking requests from clients, partners, agents, or outside sales representatives.
- Work with the customers, the operations team, truck brokers and asset-based carriers to book and schedule pick ups/deliveries.
- Closely track milestones in transit for all loads active in the system.
- Utilize various tools to obtain, calculate, and provide rate quotes to customers and prospects.
- Other duties include but are not limited to answering phones, mailing out original documents, and assisting with general office operations as needed.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to:
- Have a good knowledge of customer service techniques.
- Manage difficult customer and/or operational situations.
- Respond promptly to customers and carrier’s needs.
- Solicit customer feedback to improve service.
- Basic knowledge of and desire for sales
- Respond to requests for service and assistance professionally.
- Speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Seek to turn negative situations into positive outcomes
- Listen intently and seek clarification if there is any confusion
- Respond positively to all questions and inquiries.
- Write clearly and informatively.
- Present numerical data effectively.
- Read and interpret written information.
- Balance team and individual responsibilities effectively.
- Give and welcome feedback.
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Follow policies and procedures.
- Complete administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Support organization’s goals and values.
- Must have 1–3 years transportation experience with trucking, logistics and/or steamship lines.
- Must be familiar with trucking and transportation concepts. Examples: load tenders, booking loads, BOL’s, equipment types and reservations, and load weights
- College degree preferred
We are seeking an aggressive, forward thinking, and highly motivated candidate to work in a fast-paced environment INTERMODAL DISPATCH . If you love a challenge and are looking for a rewarding career, this opportunity may be right for you.
- 3 years experienced in intermodal dispatching preferred
- *Knowledge of all Chicagoland rails, depots, steamships and chassis providers
1. Conduct yourself In a very professional and highly organized manner
2. Frontline interaction with customers via phone and email
3. Book and enter loads into TMS for operations to plan and dispatch
4. Problem solve with customer when loads and/or drivers have issues
5. Solicit existing customers and prospects for additional business
6. Continual updates on load details and ETA’s
7. Update customers on delays, equipment issues and paperwork
8. Be professionally demanding of all stakeholders and always offer solutions instead of excuses
11. Dispatch/Coordinate & assign loads and load information with drivers
12. Enter and update load information in TMS
13. Manage driver pay tracking and updates to TMS
14. Accessorial tracking and alerts for both customer and driver
15. Enter / Update / Verify Rail billing and updates on chassis and containers via WEB
16. Driver tracking (Teletrac / KeepTrucking ) and confirmations
17. Equipment management (availability/reservations) and costs (chassis & containers
18. Other operations or office related duties as required.
This position is responsible for ensuring that contract drivers are dispatched to pick up containers in a timely manner. We are looking for someone who can multi-task and accurately recall information. We are looking for a dynamic candidate who can both carefully plan and adapt to changes. You will have contact with drivers and with customers if/when needed. The ability to remember the type of equipment used, driver’s destination, and the length of time it will take to complete the move is necessary.